We finished our bedroom remodel! Details of our DIY remodel at the bottom of the post.
What we did (affiliate links):
1. We ripped up the carpet and found there were wood floors! Yay! We rented a sander and sanded the main part of the floor. It took about three times going over the floor (three evenings) to get it sanded enough. There were about 3-4 inches around the edge of the floor that the big sander could not get. We started sanding with our hand-held sanders, but they were just too small. So, we bought an edger floor sander for around $50 and it was well worth it. Once the floors were sanded, we stained them the dark color.
2. New trim and edging around the closet doors and windows. (We painted it all white.)
3. New closet doors and pulls.
4. The dressers were $15 total from a garage sale. I first painted them black and I did like that but decided the room needed more color. So, I repainted them bright blue. Then, I looked at my freshly painted pieces, hesitated for about 2 seconds, then started sanding off the paint. I love how the black peeks through.
5. The curtains are from Target, but there are similar finds below:
6. The white bedspread we got a few years back from JC Penney.
7. The rug I ordered from Overstock.com.
8. We painted the walls grey.
9. The chest at the foot of the bed I painted black.
It feels good to have it done. Now, if only we kept the room this neat and tidy all the time…
Do you want to feel empowerment but are too busy to seek it out? Let me do it for you. I’ll send encouragement and freebies right to your inbox about once a month. Sign up below – let’s stay connected.
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, educator, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has her Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration in parenting, family connection ideas, encouragement for moms, and more empowering content. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
I’m Cheryl. I’m a wife, mom of 3 boys and educator. Here’s the thing – motherhood is amazing, but it can be hard too. So we either let the challenges flatten us, or…we use all of motherhood to unearth sides of us we didn’t know existed, build our courage, and empower us in beautiful ways. Then we share what we learn with our kids and raise empowered children. I’m going with the second choice. Want to join me? Sign up for my once-a-month email and be consistently encouraged to live a strong, joy-filled life. Thanks for being here!
Empowered Moms and Kids sells essential oils through doTERRA. Learn more here:
Remind Yourself How Strong You Are (affiliate links):