A Mom In Full Control (50% of the Time)
(Inside: For moms like me who’ve caved.)
No boys, we are NOT taking care of your aunt’s dog. It’s too much work. I know you said you’d do everything, but YOU KNOW I’ll end up cleaning up poop. I know Bella’s cute, but I like our dog-free home. I know you think it’s nice to help your aunt, but we can help her in other ways. I hear you that it’d be fun, but honestly, I don’t even really like dogs.
No. It’s not happening.
Quit asking. I’m a firm “no” on this.
And here we are taking care of Bella.
The boys slept around the dog like she was a campfire. When I picked them up from school the next day, my kindergartner said, “I just wanted Bella all day long.” I could not drive fast enough to get home to her, according to my boys. Bella’s in danger of being over-loved.
It’s good to be in control of my life – fifty percent of the time.
Maybe I need to purpose some reminders that I actually DO have a backbone (affiliate links):
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Don’t get lost in motherhood? Or do? Unpacking mixed messages.
- It’s Okay to Feel Disappointed When Your Kids Quit Sports
- Moms of Big Kids, Did You See Your Sacred Moment Today?
- Once a Mom, Always a Mom – What a Gift
- Parenting Teens and Tweens Will Rip Your Heart Out
- You Can’t Fix Your Struggling Teen’s Problems, But You Can Do This One Powerful Thing
- Raising tweens and teens – this is what it looks like…
- To the Mom Who Mourns that Kids Grow Too Fast…