Conversation From Our Winter Walk Around the Lake (Photography)
“This would be a great walking stick.” (Tugging at a large branch on a live tree that shows no sign of releasing.)“Look, there’s a beaver dam. I had no idea a beaver lived here!”
“Watch me crunch this ice.”
“Is that Yeti footprints? Or Big Foot? Nawwww…it’s probably a wolf.”(But definitely not a dog.)
“I wonder if I can break this ice with my boots. Don’t worry mom! I’m at the edge of the lake where the water is really shallow.” (Don’t care. No trying to break the frozen lake beneath you. Come back to the path.)
“I need to take home this birds nest.” (Let’s leave it – the bird might come back.)
“Mom, my brother just hit me with a stick.”
“Mom, it wasn’t on purpose. I was practicing warrior moves. I didn’t see him behind me.”
“Look at that dog. Mom, you’re letting us get a dog right?”
“Mom, I love wearing my ski goggles on this walk.”
“Hey, where’d you get that? I need a cattail plant too.”
“Look over here!”
“Let’s go over there!”
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Don’t get lost in motherhood? Or do? Unpacking mixed messages.
- It’s Okay to Feel Disappointed When Your Kids Quit Sports
- Moms of Big Kids, Did You See Your Sacred Moment Today?
- Once a Mom, Always a Mom – What a Gift
- Parenting Teens and Tweens Will Rip Your Heart Out
- You Can’t Fix Your Struggling Teen’s Problems, But You Can Do This One Powerful Thing
- Raising tweens and teens – this is what it looks like…
- To the Mom Who Mourns that Kids Grow Too Fast…