Did You See Your Sacred Moment?
(Inside: Mentally capturing the mom-moments we never want to forget.)
Do you know what my recent favorite moment was?
I stood outside in the driveway, my fingers laced around coffee with salted mocha creamer. The steady bounce of the basketballs leaving my sons hands and thumping against the backboard floated in the air.
Laughter trickled across my ears. The wind gently swayed the trees and set the last of the season’s flowers in motion.
The normality of the moment was surprisingly soothing – that kind of moment when time freezes in the briefest of seconds and blessing after blessing in your life illuminates as if it’s your first time seeing them. (Again.)
Then it was over.
It reminded me of the verse: “Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10, NIV)
Because before it passed and one brother started bickering with another, and the mug became empty and we needed to pile into the car and go, in that moment when I was still – I felt Him.
What about you?
What sacred moment did you experience smack in the middle of the chaos lately?
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
PS – If you want a book to help you slow down time Present Over Perfect did wonders for my soul. Here are more soothing finds for women (affiliate links):
- Photo by Micah Hallahan on Unsplash
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- We NEED the Pain from Watching Kids Grow Up
- A Mom’s Prayer: Transform Your Anxious Thoughts Through Prayer
- 45+ Inexpensive Stocking Fillers for Teenagers and Big Kids
- School Memory Book Printable: a Simple, Beautiful Keepsake Parents will Cherish
- Kindness at Home is Everything, Let’s be a Family that’s Kind to Each Other
- Goodbye, Elementary School: Honoring the Past and Moving Forward with Joy
- Gift Ideas for Teen Girls: Top Gifts Your Teenage Girl Will Love
- Moms Have a Weird Relationship with Perfect