Headshots (Empowerment from Hobbies)
(Inside: Why hobbies empower you.)
Hobbies empower us.
But, as moms, we can feel like we shouldn’t pursue our hobbies. Yes, we don’t have the same time as our retired neighbor, but keeping our hobbies at a low simmer is good for us – and our kids.
That skill-set…they can take anywhere.
So, go ahead make room for your hobby. You kids will learn good things from watching you.
I recently stretched my abilities and took headshots of the cast members of Godspell. When they first asked, I said no, because, hire someone with more confidence than me! But, I’m glad I tried it – I’m happy with the results.
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
This blog post contains affiliate links.
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Don’t get lost in motherhood? Or do? Unpacking mixed messages.
- It’s Okay to Feel Disappointed When Your Kids Quit Sports
- Moms of Big Kids, Did You See Your Sacred Moment Today?
- Once a Mom, Always a Mom – What a Gift
- Parenting Teens and Tweens Will Rip Your Heart Out
- You Can’t Fix Your Struggling Teen’s Problems, But You Can Do This One Powerful Thing
- Raising tweens and teens – this is what it looks like…
- To the Mom Who Mourns that Kids Grow Too Fast…