Headshots (Empowerment from Hobbies)
(Inside: Why hobbies empower you.)
Hobbies empower us.
But, as moms, we can feel like we shouldn’t pursue our hobbies. Yes, we don’t have the same time as our retired neighbor, but keeping our hobbies at a low simmer is good for us – and our kids.
That skill-set…they can take anywhere.
So, go ahead make room for your hobby. You kids will learn good things from watching you.
I recently stretched my abilities and took headshots of the cast members of Godspell. When they first asked, I said no, because, hire someone with more confidence than me! But, I’m glad I tried it – I’m happy with the results.
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
This blog post contains affiliate links.
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Teen, these big reasons are why you’ll like trying hard in school
- A simple way to motivate teens to be more responsible
- I Will Miss These Years of Raising Tweens and Teens
- 7 Powerful Reasons to Pray as a Family
- My teen was struggling in school, so I did this…
- To the Mom of a High School Freshmen
- Parenting Humor: When You Just Gotta Laugh
- Funny Mom Story: Disastrous Day Turned Parenting Win