DIY Master Bathroom Remodel
This is the story of our master bathroom remodel.
What to do with the mirror and windows. But here’s what my husband finally came up with: a curtain rod with a sliding mirror. I have to admit I’m pretty impressed with his creativity.
So, now we are 98% done. The last 2%? Well, notice there is no toilet paper holder. Which really was no big deal because for the entire year we successfully set the roll on the back of the toilet. I’m not sure why now, but in the past week, our boys have knocked a complete roll of toilet paper off the back of the toilet into the water…three different times. Which also wasn’t a big deal, until the last time. It was the last roll of toilet paper in the house, it was late, and I was so tired there was no way I was making a Target run. I came into the bathroom and saw the last roll sitting sopping wet on the back of the toilet.
“Noooo!” Why, boys? Why?
They shrugged it off like, “this is not really a big deal, mom, you’re over-reacting” (which I tend to do). Oh, my little boys. They can have a serious conversation about whether a tyrannosaurus rex skeleton could actually fit in our living room or not, but not understand why a sopping roll of the last of the toilet paper is a big deal to me. As a peace offering, my five-year-old did go get a roll of paper towels for me. (You are sweet, little boy, but – ugh.)
Girl problems in a house full of boys.
So, that toilet paper holder will be hung up. Tonight. It’s a must. 🙂
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
- Photo by Shawnee Wilborn on Unsplash
Linked to: Remodelaholic Blog
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Gifts for Moms: Presents that Moms Raising Tweens and Teens Will Love
- Parenting Regrets: 3 truths about “I wish I’d parented better.”
- 175+ Top Gifts For Teen Boys – Awesome Ideas You Will Love
- Teen, these big reasons are why you’ll like trying hard in school
- A simple way to motivate teens to be more responsible
- I Will Miss These Years of Raising Tweens and Teens
- 7 Powerful Reasons to Pray as a Family
- My teen was struggling in school, so I did this…