Teach Your Kids to Give Using the Once-a-Month Strategy (Introduction)
- This is for people truly in need, taking cookies to our neighbors doesn’t count. (Though that is nice and perhaps makes up for all the Nerf Gun bullets they collect and give back to us before they mow.)
- We must notice what is going on around us where people/organizations are asking for help and jump in.
- If we aren’t talking to people in need, we are reading their stories and taking time to think about who they are and how God loves them.
- Our giving needs to be done once each month as a family.
- No stressing about if we are giving enough or giving in the right way. We’re just to find a need and meet it.
If you decide to take use this giving strategy, remember this is YOUR THING. Do what God places on YOUR HEART. Whatever works. Your family will be moved by however you decide to extend your hand. And hopefully, so will the people you give to.
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Don’t get lost in motherhood? Or do? Unpacking mixed messages.
- It’s Okay to Feel Disappointed When Your Kids Quit Sports
- Moms of Big Kids, Did You See Your Sacred Moment Today?
- Once a Mom, Always a Mom – What a Gift
- Parenting Teens and Tweens Will Rip Your Heart Out
- You Can’t Fix Your Struggling Teen’s Problems, But You Can Do This One Powerful Thing
- Raising tweens and teens – this is what it looks like…
- To the Mom Who Mourns that Kids Grow Too Fast…