Teach Your Kids to Give Using the Once-a-Month Strategy (March)
(Inside: How to teach your kids to give from the heart.)
|Our family’s Once-a-Month Giving/Service Projects was featured on parenting.com. (This blog’s original name was Since I Became a Mom before it became Empowered Moms and Kids.)|
If you decide to take use this giving strategy, remember this is YOUR THING. Do what God places on YOUR HEART. Whatever works, big or little. Your family will be moved by however you decide to extend your hand. And hopefully, so will the people you give to.
Read what parenting.com says about the benefits of teaching kids to give:
“The benefits of actively fostering children’s charitable impulses are enormous. Besides helping counter the overdeveloped ‘gimme’ impulse, it gives kids a powerful boost in self-esteem to realize they can make a difference in someone’s life. ‘And as corny as it sounds,’ says Patricia Schiff Estess, a New York City writer and the author of Kids, Money & Values, ‘when you help a child help others, you are helping to create a better world.'”
Favorite eye-opening books that nudged me to see the amazing part of God’s work that we can do daily. Exciting stuff we get to be a part of.
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Importance of Motherhood: The One Thing Moms Do That Forever Sticks
- Distance Learning Students – you nailed it and we are so proud
- Best Family Movies for Tweens and Teens
- Momma, is God in more control of your life than you think?
- A Mom’s Prayer: Transform Your Anxious Thoughts Through Prayer
- 5 Fantastic Devotionals that Help Create Forever Family Connections
- The Pandemic is Shaping Kids in These 6 Powerful Ways
- Home Exercises for QuaranTEENS: Feel Happy & Healthy