Teach Your Kids to Give Using the Once-a-Month Strategy (October)
And honestly, I was worried about finding places to give. Geez. I only need to look up from my life because there was an easy opportunity right in front of me.
We are off to a good start – I’m excited about next month.
|Our Family’s Once-a-Month Giving/Service Projects was featured on parenting.com. (This blog’s original name was Since I Became a Mom before it became Empowered Moms and Kids.)|
If you decide to take use this giving strategy, remember this is YOUR THING. Do what God places on YOUR HEART. Whatever works, big or little. Your family will be moved by however you decide to extend your hand. And hopefully, so will the people you give to.
Read what parenting.com says about the benefits of teaching kids to give:
“The benefits of actively fostering children’s charitable impulses are enormous. Besides helping counter the overdeveloped ‘gimme’ impulse, it gives kids a powerful boost in self-esteem to realize they can make a difference in someone’s life. ‘And as corny as it sounds,’ says Patricia Schiff Estess, a New York City writer and the author of Kids, Money & Values, ‘when you help a child help others, you are helping to create a better world.'”
Favorite eye-opening books that nudged me to see the amazing part of God’s work that we can do daily. Exciting stuff we get to be a part of.
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- We NEED the Pain from Watching Kids Grow Up
- A Mom’s Prayer: Transform Your Anxious Thoughts Through Prayer
- 45+ Inexpensive Stocking Fillers for Teenagers and Big Kids
- School Memory Book Printable: a Simple, Beautiful Keepsake Parents will Cherish
- Kindness at Home is Everything, Let’s be a Family that’s Kind to Each Other
- Goodbye, Elementary School: Honoring the Past and Moving Forward with Joy
- Gift Ideas for Teen Girls: Top Gifts Your Teenage Girl Will Love
- Moms Have a Weird Relationship with Perfect