Photography – Family of 4 (Empowerment through Hobbies)
(Inside: Why hobbies empower you.)
Hobbies empower us.
But, as moms, we can feel like we shouldn’t pursue our hobbies. Yes, we don’t have the same time as our retired neighbor, but keeping our hobbies at a low simmer is good for us – and our kids.
Because our actions always speak louder than words. For example, my kids watch me teach myself how to be a better photographer and Photoshop user. I’m actively showing them this life-long skill: If they want to learn to do something – they can teach it to themselves. I’m empowering myself by building confidence in my ability and giving myself a stress reliever, but also, I’m empowering my crew to read instructions, search for how-to videos online and become self-sufficient, life-long learners.
That skill-set…they can take anywhere.
So, go ahead make room for your hobby. You kids will learn good things from watching you.
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
This blog post contains affiliate links.
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Parenting Regrets: 3 truths about “I wish I’d parented better.”
- 175+ Top Gifts For Teen Boys – Awesome Ideas You Will Love
- Teen, these big reasons are why you’ll like trying hard in school
- A simple way to motivate teens to be more responsible
- I Will Miss These Years of Raising Tweens and Teens
- 7 Powerful Reasons to Pray as a Family
- My teen was struggling in school, so I did this…
- To the Mom of a High School Freshmen