Photography (Chicago Family Vacation)
(Inside: Breath in those moments you GET TO leave your work computer at home and be “all in” with your family.)
You might be too big for your stroller if, when you get to the top of a ramp you say, “Mom let go of my stroller so I can see how fast I can go!” (“Sounds like a great idea,” said NO MOM EVER.) This is why 5-year-old’s WALK, little boy.
We recently spent a week in Chicago and loved it. We stayed right downtown, walked almost everywhere, and with the help of our City Museum Pass, conquered the place one museum/aquarium at a time. These kids will be gone in 2.5 seconds (How does it go so fast?) so the NOW seems incredibly important. It was a huge gift to sneak away and make some memories.
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
(This blog post contains affiliate links.)
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Don’t get lost in motherhood? Or do? Unpacking mixed messages.
- It’s Okay to Feel Disappointed When Your Kids Quit Sports
- Moms of Big Kids, Did You See Your Sacred Moment Today?
- Once a Mom, Always a Mom – What a Gift
- Parenting Teens and Tweens Will Rip Your Heart Out
- You Can’t Fix Your Struggling Teen’s Problems, But You Can Do This One Powerful Thing
- Raising tweens and teens – this is what it looks like…
- To the Mom Who Mourns that Kids Grow Too Fast…