Photography (Chicago Family Vacation)
(Inside: Breath in those moments you GET TO leave your work computer at home and be “all in” with your family.)
You might be too big for your stroller if, when you get to the top of a ramp you say, “Mom let go of my stroller so I can see how fast I can go!” (“Sounds like a great idea,” said NO MOM EVER.) This is why 5-year-old’s WALK, little boy.
We recently spent a week in Chicago and loved it. We stayed right downtown, walked almost everywhere, and with the help of our City Museum Pass, conquered the place one museum/aquarium at a time. These kids will be gone in 2.5 seconds (How does it go so fast?) so the NOW seems incredibly important. It was a huge gift to sneak away and make some memories.
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
(This blog post contains affiliate links.)
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- We NEED the Pain from Watching Kids Grow Up
- A Mom’s Prayer: Transform Your Anxious Thoughts Through Prayer
- 45+ Inexpensive Stocking Fillers for Teenagers and Big Kids
- School Memory Book Printable: a Simple, Beautiful Keepsake Parents will Cherish
- Kindness at Home is Everything, Let’s be a Family that’s Kind to Each Other
- Goodbye, Elementary School: Honoring the Past and Moving Forward with Joy
- Gift Ideas for Teen Girls: Top Gifts Your Teenage Girl Will Love
- Moms Have a Weird Relationship with Perfect