Photography – Lakeside (Empowerment Through Hobbies)
(Inside: Why hobbies empower you.)
Hobbies empower us.
Because they our actions always speak louder than words. For example, my kids watch me teach myself how to be a better photographer and Photoshop user. I’m actively showing them this life-long skill: If they want to learn to do something – they can teach it to themselves. I’m empowering myself by building confidence in my ability and giving myself a stress reliever, but also, I’m empowering my crew to read instructions, search for how-to videos online and become self-sufficient, life-long learners.
That skill-set…they can take anywhere.
So, go ahead make room for your hobby. You kids will learn good things from watching you.
My Hobby: Photography
Here’s my latest tinkering with photography. Taking pictures of this ah-maze-ing family was joy. I wish I had infinite amounts of time to fuel my hobby. I’d then take pictures of all y’all. Fun stuff.
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Don’t get lost in motherhood? Or do? Unpacking mixed messages.
- It’s Okay to Feel Disappointed When Your Kids Quit Sports
- Moms of Big Kids, Did You See Your Sacred Moment Today?
- Once a Mom, Always a Mom – What a Gift
- Parenting Teens and Tweens Will Rip Your Heart Out
- You Can’t Fix Your Struggling Teen’s Problems, But You Can Do This One Powerful Thing
- Raising tweens and teens – this is what it looks like…
- To the Mom Who Mourns that Kids Grow Too Fast…