Moms, How to Capture Extraordinary Pictures of your Ordinary Moments
(Inside: How to capture great pictures of your kids.)
I’m sharing ideas on how to capture the everyday lovely in your life. Try these kinds of shots:
1. Silhouette pictures.
2. Zoom in on one object in the shot. (And not necessarily the object you would think to highlight.)
3. Set your camera down and snap the picture.
4. Capture motion. They’re never still anyway, so embrace the movement.
And lastly, lower your expectations. I gave up on trying to control every aspect of the shot. If I just try and be creative with photographing what’s in front of me, I usually end up with at least one shot I like. And if not, I can try again another time.
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Don’t get lost in motherhood? Or do? Unpacking mixed messages.
- It’s Okay to Feel Disappointed When Your Kids Quit Sports
- Moms of Big Kids, Did You See Your Sacred Moment Today?
- Once a Mom, Always a Mom – What a Gift
- Parenting Teens and Tweens Will Rip Your Heart Out
- You Can’t Fix Your Struggling Teen’s Problems, But You Can Do This One Powerful Thing
- Raising tweens and teens – this is what it looks like…
- To the Mom Who Mourns that Kids Grow Too Fast…