Moms, How to Capture Extraordinary Pictures of your Ordinary Moments
(Inside: How to capture great pictures of your kids.)
I’m sharing ideas on how to capture the everyday lovely in your life. Try these kinds of shots:
1. Silhouette pictures.
2. Zoom in on one object in the shot. (And not necessarily the object you would think to highlight.)
3. Set your camera down and snap the picture.
4. Capture motion. They’re never still anyway, so embrace the movement.
And lastly, lower your expectations. I gave up on trying to control every aspect of the shot. If I just try and be creative with photographing what’s in front of me, I usually end up with at least one shot I like. And if not, I can try again another time.
Yes, I want empowerment in my inbox!
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Parenting Regrets: 3 truths about “I wish I’d parented better.”
- 175+ Top Gifts For Teen Boys – Awesome Ideas You Will Love
- Teen, these big reasons are why you’ll like trying hard in school
- A simple way to motivate teens to be more responsible
- I Will Miss These Years of Raising Tweens and Teens
- 7 Powerful Reasons to Pray as a Family
- My teen was struggling in school, so I did this…
- To the Mom of a High School Freshmen