Who we are
Empowered Moms and Kids is a website that provides faith-based encouragement for moms raising tweens and teens. Our website address is http://www.empoweredmomsandkids.com.
What personal data do we collect and why do we collect it?
Empowered Moms and Kids collects data directly through:
- Comments and pictures readers voluntarily leave on the site.
- Name and email readers voluntarily give when they sign up for EMandK’s newsletter.
- Google Analytics. EMandK can not see names, emails, or private info but can track how many visitors looked at certain pages and where they are located. Other Google Analytics is a third-party association.
Empowered Moms and Kids collects data through third-party associations, including:
- AdSense – Compliant with GDPR (EU) and CalOPPA (California) privacy policies.
- Other associations as listed below.
Before we go through the specifics of how data is collected, let’s look at what a “cookie” is…
What is a cookie?
“Cookies are small files sent to your browser from websites you visit. These files track and monitor the sites you visit and the items you click on these pages.
This might seem intrusive, and it’s true that many users resent cookies following their activities across the internet. But companies and advertisers say cookies improve your online experience.”
Read more about cookies here on Norton’s website. This page gives clear explanations of cookies including pros and cons. Here are a few questions they answer that are helpful:
- Are cookies harmful? For the most part, cookies aren’t harmful. They usually don’t transfer viruses or malware to your devices.
- What about privacy and cookies? Privacy advocates do have concerns with cookies, most notably with third-party cookies, which track your online activity, something that will erode your privacy when scouring the web.
You can disable, opt out, or adjust cookies.
What data does Empowered Moms and Kids directly collect?
Comments left on the site by visitors are visible to the public. Also, we collect the data shown in the comments form. We also collect the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string; this helps with spam detection.
If you upload images to the comments section, you should know that visitors to this site can download and extract location data from images on the website. We encourage you to not upload images at all in the comments section of our website. If you choose to still upload images, please avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. This is how visitors can extract location data.
3. Cookies with comments
When you leave a comment on Empowered Moms and Kids, for your convenience, you may opt-in to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. This is so that you do not have to fill in your information again if you choose to leave another comment. These cookies last for one year.
4. Data Analytics and Statistics
For the purpose of evaluating how our articles & the website is doing, creating better content, and growing as a website, Empowered Moms and Kids does track data through these reputable websites:
- Statify: Here is what they say on their website: “Statify doesn’t process and store personal data as e.g. IP addresses – Statify counts site views, not visitors. Absolute privacy compliance coupled with transparent procedures: A locally in WordPress created database table consists of only four fields (ID, date, source, target) and can be viewed at any time, cleaned up and cleared by the administrator. Due to this tracking approach, Statify is 100% compliant with GDPR and serves as an lightweight alternative to other tracking services.”
Though Empowered Moms and Kids can’t be responsible for what other companies collect, EMandK is careful about the companies used on this website – we want to work with only companies committed to taking your privacy seriously.
Other questions about data collected by EMandK:
1. Who is my name and email shared with if I opt into the newsletter?
2. How long do we retain your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
3. What rights do you have over your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a line while they wait for site approval.
4. Where do we send your data?
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What third-party data is collected?
Embedded content from other websites
- Etsy: Empowered Moms & Kids sells products through Etsy. When you leave this site and enter Etsy’s site, you are under Etsy’s privacy policies which you can read about here.
Data is collected by AdSense
Ads are shown on this blog through Google Ads called AdSense. AdSense publishes interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests Google will track your behavior on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
“Google has a long history of taking a user-first approach in everything we do. As a part of our commitment to users, we never sell personal information and give users transparency and control over their ad experiences via tools like My Account, Why this Ad, and Mute this Ad. We also invest in initiatives such as the Coalition for Better Ads, the Digital News Initiative, the Google News Initiative, and ads.txt in order to support a healthy, sustainable ads ecosystem and help you, our publishers, grow.”
How do we protect your data with third-party associations?
Empowered Moms and Kids takes the data collection/privacy protection laws seriously. We cannot be responsible for the data collected by third parties, but we do choose plugins and companies EM&K uses that are reputable, quality organizations to the best of EM&K’s knowledge. We want your data safe, just like we want our own data safe.
In addition to the companies listed above, here are other companies EMandK’s uses:
- Site Ground (hosting site) See how Site Ground protects the websites they host here.
- We also offer A FREE course through the reputable website Teachable. If you choose to sign up for this free course, here is more about Teachable:
- Statify Here is what they say on their website: “Statify doesn’t process and store personal data as e.g. IP addresses – Statify counts site views, not visitors. Absolute privacy compliance coupled with transparent procedures: A locally in WordPress-created database table consists of only four fields (ID, date, source, target) and can be viewed at any time, cleaned up, and cleared by the administrator. Due to this tracking approach, Statify is 100% compliant with GDPR and serves as a lightweight alternative to other tracking services.”
We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission. We are also not responsible for any information collected by any third-party sites that empoweredmomsandkids.com might link.
Policy Regarding Minors
This website is intended for parents of tweens and teens. This website is not intended for minors. Minors need to ask permission from their parents/guardians before engaging in any online activities.
Empowered Moms and Kids takes your privacy seriously. If you have any privacy-specific concerns, please email: empoweredmomsandkids at gmail.com