(Inside: Fun family Christmas activities that will bring your loved ones closer together over the holidays. Enjoy the season with these great ideas.)
1. Decorate the house, inside and/or outside.
2. Donate your time, food, money, and/or gifts.
3. Take a winter wonderland hike.
4. Drive around and look at holiday lights.
5. Grab fancy, warm drinks from the coffee shop.
6. Make gingerbread houses.
7. Christmas shop together at the mall or local stores.
8. Get dressed up and go out to eat.
9. Open an advent calendar.
10. Bake holiday cookies and treats
11. Exchange names and give Secret Santa gifts.
12. Spend a day skiing or sledding.
13. Attend a holiday concert.
14. Enjoy a Christmas service at church.
15. Read the Christmas story around the tree.
16. Get a group together to Christmas carol. (In person or over screens.)
17. Snap holiday pictures.
18. Watch Christmas movies.
19. Look through family photo albums together.
20. Go ice skating.
21. As a family, do something extra nice for someone you know.
22. Write handwritten cards.
23. Go out for pastries or dessert.
24. Make Christmas crafts as a family..
25. Light candles and use your “good dishes” for dinner.
26. Play holiday music and enjoy a family game night.
27. Build a snowman, create a snow fort, or make snow angels.
28. Put together a Christmas puzzle.
29. Share your favorite holiday memories with each other.
30. Each family member picks out an ornament that represents their year.
Entertaining Tweens/Teens and Connecting with Your Family Series
The other day, I saw of picture of when my kids were little (like when I wrote this post), and I thought I so deeply want to go back to this season of life. I miss it.
But just as quickly as that thought came, another thought followed Someday, I will see pictures of my current parenting phase (raising tweens and teens) and wish to come back to today.
So, I want to do my best to enjoy this season of life. These ideas on how to connect with and entertain tweens and teens can help…
ENTERTAINING TWEENS & TEENS SERIES
How a Messy House is Good for Your Kids
85+ Kids Activities That Promote Creativity
146+ Best Chapter Books for Tweens that will Also Build Character
Compelling Books That High Schoolers Will Want to Read
Home Exercises for Your Teens & the Whole Family (Feel Healthy & Happy)
*30+ Ways to Connect With Your Family Over the Holiday Season
Join this community of moms raising tweens and teens
You just dropped one kid off at practice, picked up another, and are trying to decide what to make for dinner. Your days are filled with work, parenting, and waiting for password reset emails.
You are parenting tweens and teens.
It’s an amazing life-phase, but also challenging in unique ways. In it all, you’d love a little encouragement to help you laugh, grow in faith, see parenting hacks, get ideas to connect with your kid, and celebrate the awesome momma you are.
I got you, friend. Sign up for Empowered Moms and Kids monthly emails and get encouragement in your inbox geared for someone exactly in your life-chapter. It’s totally free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.