The Best FREE Kid’s Craft Ever
(Inside: A free, simple craft to keep your kids entertained for longer than 10 minutes.)
Let me start by saying I’m not crafty. This blog is not about crafts – but it’s about empowering families and a good idea always feels empowering, so here’s a simple craft that was a huge hit in our home.
Why is this the best craft ever?
(1) It was free.
(2) It kept my boys busy for hours.
We made little forests in shoe boxes. My boys kept coming up with more ideas, going outside for more supplies and making these little forests with caves, houses, streams, hiding spots, and people. We used items we already owned so I didn’t pay a dime. This was a huge hit.
Miniature Forest in a Shoe Box Materials:
-Any small figures or animals you have on hand (We used army guys.)
-Rocks, sticks, leaves, flowers…things collected from outside.
-Any other craft supply you have on hand that would add to the project.
Cheryl is a mom of 3 boys, wife, speaker, high school teacher, and author of Empowered Moms & Kids. She has a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership and is passionate about learning and teaching. On www.empoweredmomsandkids.com you’ll find inspiration and encouragement for moms raising tweens and/or teens. Read more in the “about” section of this page.
- Don’t get lost in motherhood? Or do? Unpacking mixed messages.
- It’s Okay to Feel Disappointed When Your Kids Quit Sports
- Moms of Big Kids, Did You See Your Sacred Moment Today?
- Once a Mom, Always a Mom – What a Gift
- Parenting Teens and Tweens Will Rip Your Heart Out
- You Can’t Fix Your Struggling Teen’s Problems, But You Can Do This One Powerful Thing
- Raising tweens and teens – this is what it looks like…
- To the Mom Who Mourns that Kids Grow Too Fast…